The track surface was already in bad shape with the snow from last weekend. Yesterday, snow was still on the track and was melting in slowly, causing the base to be very soft. With the additional snow last night, the track and pits are a mess. With the forecast and having seen how things are not drying out very well this spring, we have decided it would be best to postpone the season opener until April 28th.
The weather again doesn’t look to good for this coming weekend with the high of 46, rain or drizzling. Certainly better than this last Saturday afternoon. Looks like we can at least get the water turned on Friday with the hopes of racing. Cubbys, D and L Towing, Dietz Well and Elkhorn Valley Bank are this weeks race sponsors. Let them know of your appreciation for their support of Norfolk area racing.